[mythtv-users] Current state of VIDEO_TS?

Ekkehard Kraemer ekr at ekr-home.de
Wed Dec 17 09:03:23 UTC 2008

Hello,

I realise this question has been asked a few times, and Google gave a few
answers from around 2006 (i.e., to
associate xine with them externally).

Is this still the way to go? I notice that Myth recognizes directories
with a VIDEO_TS as video just fine in the gallery; when I press Enter the
screen flickers but nothing happens. So it looks like Myth is trying to
start the video but something goes wrong.

Where do I have to look to make it work like intended? Or should I go
ahead and associate them with xine directly? (Playing with xine from the
command line works).

Thanks!