[mythtv-users] Current state of VIDEO_TS?

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Wed Dec 17 09:24:11 UTC 2008

Hi Ekkehard,

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 10:03 AM, Ekkehard Kraemer <ekr at ekr-home.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I realise this question has been asked a few times, and Google gave a few
> answers from around 2006 (i.e., to
> associate xine with them externally).
>
> Is this still the way to go? I notice that Myth recognizes directories
> with a VIDEO_TS as video just fine in the gallery; when I press Enter the
> screen flickers but nothing happens. So it looks like Myth is trying to
> start the video but something goes wrong.
>
> Where do I have to look to make it work like intended? Or should I go
> ahead and associate them with xine directly? (Playing with xine from the
> command line works).

I would recommend using an ISO image instead of the VIDEO_TS directory
- Xine can play ISO files and I suspect the internal player too. See:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Xine

It even says that the internal player is preferred but I have not
tested it with ISO files.

Good luck,

Fred.