[mythtv-users] Upgraded to .21 having some problems..

Noah Markon nmarkon at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 03:35:44 UTC 2008

> Yeah, I think seektables for H.264 are kind of a "future feature" (0.22,
> probably, in support of HD-PVR--I don't think the mythcommflag
> --rebuild/mythtranscode --buildindex part of it is even in trunk, yet).
> In theory, Myth should be able to play any video without seektables,
> but--since most videos most people play on Myth have valid
> seektables--the "without a seektable" code doesn't get much testing and
> tends to have issues every once in a while.

I seem to have found a good "profile" for encoding in handbrake. I
used the "Constant Quality Rate" and I don't get the prebuffering
pauses. I went through and encoded a chapter of a movie using all the
available presets, and it was odd which ones had the pauses and which
didn't. It didn't matter what res the video was encoded, just the
different options used. The "Animation" preset also eliminated all the
pauses, but the audio would get out of sync on my Futurama test when
encoded with AC3. So if any one is in the same boat as me, just use
the "constant quality rate" preset.