[mythtv-users] Upgraded to .21 having some problems..

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Dec 15 06:04:56 UTC 2008

On 12/15/2008 12:21 AM, Noah Markon wrote:
>> Have you looked over
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Prebuffering_pause ?
>>
> Yup, I have here's a run down:
> My CPU is under 50%
> I've tried it on different hard drives
> It could be an issue with the seek tables.
> don't think it's an audio issue, everything else seems to be working great..
> not over network
> same
> could be kernel issue, but i doubt it
> not using the 1600
>
> Now that I look at the seek table part, it could be that. One of the
> other issues I have with the recordings is that when I do a 30 second
> jump everything goes crazy for a second. The screen either goes black
> or green, and after a second it pops back into place. This happens in
> mplayer as well as mythtv. In mplayer it gives a error: "first frame
> is no keyframe."  I really don't know what to do to fix that. None of
> the options for rebuilding the seek table seemed to do anything...

Yeah, I think seektables for H.264 are kind of a "future feature" (0.22,
probably, in support of HD-PVR--I don't think the mythcommflag
--rebuild/mythtranscode --buildindex part of it is even in trunk, yet).
In theory, Myth should be able to play any video without seektables,
but--since most videos most people play on Myth have valid
seektables--the "without a seektable" code doesn't get much testing and
tends to have issues every once in a while.

Mike