[mythtv-users] Anyone made a MythTV box-label ?

Steve Gonnella sgonnell at isd.net
Sun Dec 14 03:55:30 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 21:24:17 -0500 (EST), "Christopher X. Candreva"
<chris at westnet.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 13 Dec 2008, Matt Emmott wrote:
>
>> I completely agree with the more slouchy aspect. Fatter is good but maybe a
>> more satisfied look instead of a lazy / drunken one? :-)
>>
>> As for the badge only being an inch square, maybe the "Tux Potato" icon
>> could be for splash screens and backgrounds, and therefore more detailed,
>> and the badge could be just the rounded MythTv logo. The aspect probably
>
>I've asked a friend of my who draws to com eup with something.
>
>Actually what I was thinking of was something for the cardboard box the case
>is in, so that when they unwrap it, they have some idea what it is.
>Something that makes it look like a product box you would see in the store
>-- or at least a home-made approximation.
>
>We'll see what he can come up with.

Case badges are 1"x1" but nothing says we have to stick to that. Maybe
what would work is to come up with a few graphics for people to print
out themselves. Say a 1x1 MythTV logo graphic and other more detailed
ones that could be printed on different sized address type labels or
whatever. Something about 2"x3" could be printed on high quality paper
and placed on a case without being too obtrusive. Unfortunately I'm no
artist, just offering a few ideas...