[mythtv-users] Myth won't play DVDs, video is shaky

Andrew mythtv at villeneuves.com
Fri Dec 12 02:00:15 UTC 2008

Did you bother to check to see if you were in fact setting it to something
that exists?

Not initially, because I suppose I'm a trial-and-error guy J. But I did look
in /dev and it's dvd1. So I changed it to that. When I go to Play DVD, the
video now starts playing. However, audio isn't working - I hear a very
annoying hissing sound. Sounds like something else needs to be set.

What audio settings do I need to set and where?

Andrew