[mythtv-users] Mythmusic and track title display

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 05:40:32 UTC 2008

Hello all,

Perhaps I'm being stupid or obtuse, but I've got a nut with Mythmusic
that I've had little luck in cracking lately.

I recently built a new master backend along and updated my two FEs and
have run into an issue I never had before: Mythmusic doesn't seem to
want to display song titles the way I want, or the way it has since
0.14 (at least for me).

The new install is based on Mythbuntu 8.04.1.

I have, admittedly, been very haphazard with ID3 tagging, and even so
prefer to see listings according to directory structure. All the music
files are stored in this directory format:
/mythlibrary/Audio/{GENRE}/{ARTIST}/{ALBUM}/{TITLE} (or {TRACK_TITLE}
and in a minority of cases {TRACK - TITLE}).