[mythtv-users] Using DirecTV

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Wed Dec 10 15:01:25 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>, said on Wed Dec 10, 2008 [06:44:47 AM]:
} On Dec 10, 2008, at 5:21 AM, Joe Wilson wrote:
}
} > I'm curious of why the only means of connecting a D11 up to change
} > channels
} > is only by using the usb to serial route.. hasent anyone created
} > anythng to
} > change the channel information with a blaster?
}
} I'm curious of why you believe the only means of connecting a D11 up
} to change channels is only by using the usb to serial route.
} My initial setup was with a blaster from irblaster.info but was tired
} of botched channel changes and went with the serial connection. I
} believe I've missed 2-3 channel changes in the 2 1/2 years I've had it
} running compared to 1-2 a day with the irblaster method.
}
} I used this guide:
} http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html
}
} But switched out the Dish lirc config for one found here:
} http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/directv/
}
} I think I may have used this one, but I don't remember:
} http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/directv/HD20-100
}
} -Brad

I use the usb-uirt blaster thingy with a wired transmitter stuck to
the IR receiver of my directv box. the wired unit is small enough
not to block all the receiver on the directv box so I can still
use my remote. Have 2 boxes and havent missed a channel change yet
in 6 months. that probably 1000 channel changes.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org