[mythtv-users] Using DirecTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Dec 10 14:44:47 UTC 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 5:21 AM, Joe Wilson wrote:

> I'm curious of why the only means of connecting a D11 up to change
> channels
> is only by using the usb to serial route.. hasent anyone created
> anythng to
> change the channel information with a blaster?

I'm curious of why you believe the only means of connecting a D11 up
to change channels is only by using the usb to serial route.
My initial setup was with a blaster from irblaster.info but was tired
of botched channel changes and went with the serial connection. I
believe I've missed 2-3 channel changes in the 2 1/2 years I've had it
running compared to 1-2 a day with the irblaster method.

I used this guide:
http://losdos.dyndns.org:8080/public/mythtv-info/MythTV_DISH_IR_LED_TX_via_Modified_LIRC.html

But switched out the Dish lirc config for one found here:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/directv/

I think I may have used this one, but I don't remember:
http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/directv/HD20-100

-Brad