[mythtv-users] UK: Sky channel number fixer?

Robert RobertCL at iname.com
Wed Dec 3 13:44:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, December 3, 2008 12:15 pm, dlknight at sdf.lonestar.org wrote:
>> If channels move / new channels come on such as ITV HD, Channel 4, Five,
>> etc, then I'll go into mythsetup and scan _just_ the transponder I know
>> the channel is on (after finding it with dvbscan or whatever).  This
>> usually brings in some more channels I don't want so I delete those.
>> Then
>> back into mythweb to number, name and assign xmltvID's, etc.
>>
>> Not exactly a slick process and I remember going round in circles trying
>> to get channels.conf imported initially.  And I can't remember how I
>> cope
>> if there is a new transponder - I don't think it's very easy to add
>> these
>> in mythsetup?? (or I haven't worked it out).  But hey, I don't have to
>> do
>> it all that often and once Myth is running it's worth it!
>>
>> Robert.
>
> I feel you pain :) especially if you forget to "save" the channels table
> in mythweb and then have to do it all over again !

Heh.  I've not done that (yet!), but I'm always worried there might be a
network blip or some apache problem as I click save and it will screw me
database.  Never happened yet though :-)

> Just out of interest Robert do you receive ITV HD ? I'm going to reimport
> all my satellite channels but at the moment 10510 appears to be ITV 4+1 on
> my box ?!?!

Yes, I do.  There's hardly ever any programs on it and mythfrontend
doesn't really "like" playing it.  It logs loads of errors and if you seek
around too much it just crashes.  But so long as you just "watch" then it
works fine.

Mine is in the DB as channum 10510 (don't really know what relevance that
has) - but the import things seem to be freq=11428, polarity=horiz,
symbolrate=27500

> I'm also looking at the ITV HD patch that is in trac but think I can only
> apply that to trunk? - http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5388.

I've got that applied to 0.21-fixes and it works fine.  I'm using
itvhd.diff and itvhd2.diff.  That itvhdfix.diff is new since last time I
looked so I don't know about that.  I actually have a gentoo ebuild for
0.21_p18314-r1 that applies the patches.  It's probably a bit hacky, but
it works for me.

Cheers,
Robert.