[mythtv-users] recording profile ignored

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 12:15:51 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone,

I have been running mythtv 0.21 (ubuntu hardy) for a couple weeks, and
a few days ago, the backend started to ignore my recording profiles.
I'm requesting mpeg4 and mp3 in "Live TV" and "Default", and the
recorded .nuv files say "XVID" and "mp3" in the header, but the actual
data streams inside the .nuv are some odd high-bitrate video format
and uncompressed PCM audio.

It kills me that this was working fine for me a while ago, but it
isn't now, and I don't know why.  I'm not even really sure why it
stopped working.  It's just that one day I noticed a complete lack of
the typical xvid macroblocking artifacts in my playback, and when I
checked the video, sure enough it wasn't really "xvid" anymore at all.
 What would cause this?

Thanks,

   David