[mythtv-users] Finally (re-)took the plunge on trunk

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Dec 1 06:02:44 UTC 2008

Okay - I've been subscribed to the dev list for about 5 years... I've
looked into recent commits... so I'm thinking I'm ready.  I made the
jump from 0.21-fixes to trunk yesterday, because I wanted to try out my
HD-PVR that's been sitting on the shelf for... what - 6 months now?

Anyhoo - I got it built, got a working theme (looks like it's going to
be mythcenter-wide for a while now...), and compiled with OpenGL
support.  Then I connected up the HD-PVR and attempted to build the
driver.

Boom.  Rebooting after doing a 'make install' of the driver resulted in
an instant kernel panic.  Since I always keep an old kernel around, I
was able to reboot, blow out the old kernel, as well as ivtv-kmdl, and a
couple of other kmdl rpms, wipe the /lib/modules/2.6.18-92.1.18.el5
directory, and reinstall said rpms.  Back to what it was.

Thus, I do a 'make menuconfig', and pull out everything I can except the
hd-pvr driver.  No joy - it still builds everything.  This time I don't
do the 'make install'...

what gives? Anyone else having problems with the hd-pvr module on CentOS
5.2?

Box is running CentOS 5.2 64-bit, kernel 2.6.18-92.1.18.el5, with a
PVR-250 and a PVR-150 inside.  (I noticed that the new driver has a
version of ivtv in it...)

Or should I be asking this on the v4l list?

	-I