[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 21:55:01 UTC 2008

On Sunday 10 August 2008 18:51:59 Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> No problem. I've tried to reproduce the leak here to no avail.
> But I'm using ATSC EIT. My suspicion is that there is either
> something wrong with the UK EIT fixup, or something wrong with
> the general DVB EIT. The UK fixups would be my top suspect,
> since otherwise more people would be seeing the problem.

Here's my complete run until I restarted the backend due to lack of RAM.  I
have two tuners, using EIT in the UK.  I've applied no patches, this is 17435
from 0.21-fixes.  I was hoping to get the time to try fiddling with valgrind
and getting a run, but now I'm trying to sell my house and change jobs at the
same time, so I don't think that will be an option.  Gentoo (my OS) offers
17722 from the 0.21-fixes branch, I'll upgrade to that soon and restart, to
see if this leak is still occurring.

Nobody's hinting on their scripts to make PNGs of this, so you'll have to
admire the data in txt form instead.  First value is RSS, second is VSZ from
ps.  It's a hyperthreading P4 with half a gig of RAM.  The tuners are two
Nova-T PCI cards.

HTH,

Widget.

2008-06-26-0310: 45576 523096