[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Sun Aug 10 17:51:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-08-10 at 00:07 +0100, Nick Morrott wrote:

> >  BTW Can you compile the latest mythtv trunk with the valgrind
> >  ./configure option and generate a report after a week or so?
> >  (Make sure you do a distclean, so that all the vlagrind changes
> >  are picked up.) I've changed the EIT memory allocator used with
> >  the valgrind ./configure option to the standard malloc so it
> >  should provide a better report than before.
> I should be able to do this in a few weeks - very busy with
> redecorating at the moment. My main installation is running
> 0.21-fixes, although I have a spare box I can put trunk on - can't
> promise I'll get the same results though :)

No problem. I've tried to reproduce the leak here to no avail.
But I'm using ATSC EIT. My suspicion is that there is either
something wrong with the UK EIT fixup, or something wrong with
the general DVB EIT. The UK fixups would be my top suspect,
since otherwise more people would be seeing the problem.

-- Daniel

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list