[mythtv-users] Home Automation + MythTV/Linux

Graham Mitchell gmitch at woodlea.com
Sat Aug 9 03:17:12 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of David Brodbeck

> My experience with it has been mixed.  The on/off "appliance modules" are
> pretty good, but I've had nothing but grief from the lamp modules. In
> particular, the dimming feature of them just doesn't work, for two
reasons:

I agree, the appliance modules are pretty solid. The lamp modules are pretty
solid too (but there can be problems in some parts of the house). I agree
what you say about dimming tho.. that is one weak area... And when it does
work, you sometimes get a buzzing from the lamp.

The other down side with dimming, is that it doesn't work with CF bulbs -
tho you can use CF bulbs on a lamp module at either 100% or 0% (basically
treating it as an appliance module). And since I've converted most of my
lights over to CF, this is what I do.