[mythtv-users] Can't get streaming to work w/Mythweb, help

Bobby Gill bobbygill at rogers.com
Fri Aug 8 03:58:23 UTC 2008

I just set up Mythweb and she runs fine in all respects but streaming. I am
running Arch linux on my desktop and server (mythbackend). I have Mythweb
secured with a couple logins. So I am logged into Mythweb from my desktop
and I add a few songs to the playlist, hit Play and in Firefox the "Open
with" dialog pops up, so I open the playlist with VLC, which prompts me for
a login and password, but it doesn't accept my correct login/pass. I even
tried the second user's login/pass but it just doesn't accept, just keeps
prompting. Here's the output from the error window in VLC:

"Unable to open 'http://192.168.1.100:1758/mythweb/music/stream?i=7316'
Unable to open 'http://192.168.1.100:1758/mythweb/music/stream?i=8577'
Unable to open 'http://192.168.1.100:1758/mythweb/music/stream?i=8579'
Unable to open 'http://192.168.1.100:1758/mythweb/music/stream?i=8624'"

I tried to open it with Amarok and Amarok gives me this error:

"Error Loading Media
No suitable input plugin. This often means that the url's protocol is not
supported. Network failures are other possible causes.
http://192.168.1.100:1758/mythweb/music/stream?i=7316"

However I do see the songs added to the playlist in Amarok, but can't play
them of course.

Likewise, if I try to play a recording streamed, I click on the .asx link
from Mythweb and open in VLC, I get:

"Unable to open 'http://192.168.1.100:80/mythweb/pl/stream/1042/1218088800'"

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)