[mythtv-users] Removing Commercials

Rick Steeves mythtv at corwyn.net
Thu Aug 7 15:41:33 UTC 2008

I'm currently using the Hauptpage Media MVP to view my Myth shows. It
doesn't seem to include any type of commercial skip. What i want is for the
commercials to me automatically removed, and am willing to risk the
commercial skip chopping out parts of my shows.

I followed the instructions from the mythtv wiki for transcoding/removing
commercials http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Removing_Commercials  under
"Automatically removing commercials" but the end result appears the same.
(worht noting that the wiki references the user manual, which just
references back to the wiki)

I have tried both having the Job "Removing Commercials" as part of the
recording, or running that job on the show after the recording. I don't
appear to get the ".old" files referenced in the instructions.

Any pointers on where to debug further?

thanks

Rick