[mythtv-users] $50 to Make My Serial IR Blaster Work

Dave Pearson lists at netsalve.com
Wed Apr 30 04:36:13 UTC 2008

Jeff Clark wrote:
> After reading just about everything online, compiling and re-compiling
> lirc and trying to stay sane, I really just want my IR blaster to
> work.  It's all that's left in getting my Mythbox ready to use.
>
> So if you can get it working on my machine, I'll pay you.  Seriously.
>
> The only other thing I ask is that it's documented exactly so that I
> can do it myself afterwards.
>
> I'm not even kidding.  I'll give you a login (there's absolutely
> nothing on my box besides Knoppmyth right now) and you can just have
> at it.
>
> The day you deliver the info, I plan on wiping the HD clean,
> reinstalling Knoppmyth and running your directions.  Just email me
> when you're done with the instructions on how to get it to work from a
> clean install and if I can get it to work with your instructions, I'll
> drop $50 into your PayPal account.
>
> Oh behalf of my girlfriend, my other geek friends and my co-workers --
> who are ALL sick of hearing me talk about how I *think I might be
> close this time!* -- please.  And thank you.
>
> Please send me a message with questions or if you want to try to
> tackle it.
>
> Jeff
>
> My setup:
> Knoppmyth (latest stable)
> Serial IR blaster (from irblaster.info <http://irblaster.info>) on COM1
> Motorola DCT700 input via coax to a PVR-150 (no blaster/receiver
> dongle for PVR-150)

Hi Jeff,

I literally got mine working last night after months of on-off trying -
the secret? I've just upgraded from kubuntu 7.10 to 8.04 and all the
support for it is built in, I just had to remove an old package that was
screwing things up (sudo apt-get --purge remove dkms).

I now have myth changing channels on my Sky box and am able to schedule
recordings just as I can on the Freeview DVB-T cards.

Regards,
Dave.