[mythtv-users] $50 to Make My Serial IR Blaster Work

Jeff Clark jeff at vacantcanvas.com
Wed Apr 30 04:15:09 UTC 2008

After reading just about everything online, compiling and re-compiling lirc
and trying to stay sane, I really just want my IR blaster to work.  It's all
that's left in getting my Mythbox ready to use.
So if you can get it working on my machine, I'll pay you.  Seriously.

The only other thing I ask is that it's documented exactly so that I can do
it myself afterwards.

I'm not even kidding.  I'll give you a login (there's absolutely nothing on
my box besides Knoppmyth right now) and you can just have at it.

The day you deliver the info, I plan on wiping the HD clean, reinstalling
Knoppmyth and running your directions.  Just email me when you're done with
the instructions on how to get it to work from a clean install and if I can
get it to work with your instructions, I'll drop $50 into your PayPal
account.

Oh behalf of my girlfriend, my other geek friends and my co-workers -- who
are ALL sick of hearing me talk about how I *think I might be close this
time!* -- please.  And thank you.

Please send me a message with questions or if you want to try to tackle it.

Jeff

My setup:
Knoppmyth (latest stable)
Serial IR blaster (from irblaster.info) on COM1
Motorola DCT700 input via coax to a PVR-150 (no blaster/receiver dongle for
PVR-150)