[mythtv-users] HDMI out

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at optusnet.com.au
Tue Apr 29 21:27:09 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 30 April 2008 01:18:15 Steven Adeff wrote:
> of course, with Myth being ported to windows, I wouldn't be surprised
> if we all start running MythTV on linux for our backends and MythTV on
> Windows for our frontends in order to take advantage of "proper"
> BluRay playback in Windows...

Not just that, but decent support for the latest motherboard chipsets - the
Gigabyte 780G MB has HDMI/DVI/VGA outputs with builtin MPEG2/MPEG4/H.264
decoding. You can do 1080p playback with a 1.8Mhz Sempron - that's fantastic
for low power silent media boxes.

Backend windows boxes would be nice to - again driver support for the huge
number of cheap DVB cards out there.

--
Lindsay