[mythtv-users] problem after Ubuntu 7.10 -> 8.04 upgrade

Oliver Maunder mail at olivermaunder.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 09:32:28 UTC 2008

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:43 AM, Josh White <jaw1959 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I just upgraded my frontend and backend systems from Ubuntu 7.10 to
> Ubuntu 8.04.  For some reason, after this upgrade, I am unable to watch
> recordings or live TV on my upgraded frontend

First question: are you using MythTV from the Ubuntu repositories or
compiling from source? If you're using the Ubuntu version then upgrading
from Gutsy to Hardy will have upgraded your Myth installation from 0.20 to
0.21.

Have you tried playing with the Playback settings? Try setting it the
profile to Normal or Slim and see if that helps with the display.

Olly