[mythtv-users] TOP UP TV

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Apr 25 18:44:29 UTC 2008

Andrew Williams wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 03:58:50PM +0100, Stephen Brooks wrote:
>> Doesn't topup TV transmit at night and the a special set top box
>> replay it during the actual running time?
>>
>> http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/topuptv.html
>>

> Ahh, I didn't know they stopped selling subscription cards. Probably
> explains why they sell for so much on ebay...

Interestingly, if you look at the FAQ on that website, about 3/4 the way down
the page, it talks about CAMs - which you no longer need for Top-up TV, but
which you can use for

http://www.setanta.com/en/UK/How-to-subscribe/Freeview/Freeview-FAQ/

and other providers, presumably. These CAMs seem to be available from Comet and
Argos, although I haven't looked hard for them on those sites.

The point is, that it may be possible to easily come by CAMs for use with
Freeview in the UK if that is desired.

Mike Perkins