[mythtv-users] twinview and mythTV (menu bar problems)

MythTV MythTV at assuredsolutions.com
Fri Apr 25 08:40:12 UTC 2008

You probably saw my post:

I never found a solution.  I would still love to have a solution if
someone will help us.

I've been running with those menu bars visible for about a year now.
In Fedore Core, there is a setting to hide menus; well, it doesn't
actually hide the menus but just moves them a little farther out of
the way.  Fortunately, my Optima projector has an aspect ratio called
LBX which is something like 10:16.  When I switch to it, the menus
are cropped off the screen, head sizes are not too long nor too fat,
and I'm pretty happy.  The video quality was still a slight bit
better with TwinView turned off.  I have just gotten use to switching
between Native and LBX three or four times a day.

Please, if someone has a suggestion about how to use TwinView but
maintain our original non-TwinView resolution, we'd love to hear
about it.

Rob