[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu and Pinacle PCTV HD USB from Woot -- installed drivers OK but how to get channels

allene222 nabble at oldpaloalto.com
Thu Apr 24 04:15:25 UTC 2008

Raphael, very helpful link .  Thank  you very much for your help.  I am
definitely making progress although it still doesn't work.

Working from your link and following the Fiesty i**nstructions (I am
using 7.10 but everything seems to work)  * *
**

http://lunapark6.com/usb-hdtv-tuner-stick-for-windows-linux-hauppauge-wintv-hvr-950.html

I followed everything and now the PCTV HD USB device is recognized.  I
was able to select "DVB DTV capture card"  in the setup just as in the
reference above.

However, when I get to the screen that says "Play TV" it doesn't work.
It says that all my inputs are in use, or something like that.  Same as
before I installed it.

I tried to do a channel scan, but it says "Failed to open the card" and
doesn't work.

I then tried the other link  you referenced and installed Kaffeine but
again could not get any channels.  Hitting Scan seemed to do nothing.

I guess I need more help...

Allen

Raphael wrote:

>allene222 wrote:
>>/ I can't seem to make heads or tails out of the Wiki.  Is there some help
/>/> installing this PCTV HD USB Pro Stick in Mythbuntu?  Seems like many of
/>/> the required modules are there but nothing shows up in the setup for
/>/> capture cards.  I can't find anything on the web that I can follow with
/>/> my system (Mythbuntu 7.1)
/>/>
/>/> My son got this from Woot a few months ago and it works from Windows --
/>/> sort of.  I want to get it working for him and as a confirmation that my
/>/> computer is strong enough at which point I will buy a HDHR.  This will
/>/> also get him onto Linux, which would be great for his career, imho.
/>/>
/>/> Allen
/>/>
/>/> mythtv-users mailing list