[mythtv-users] Recordings off 1 Hour

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Thu Apr 24 01:36:33 UTC 2008

Thom Paine wrote:
> Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using ntp and it is updated.
>
> [root at mythmbe ~]# date
> Wed Apr 23 11:30:00 EDT 2008

OK - so, you are actually in the US Eastern time zone?  (Sorry - gotta
check the obvious)

The next obvious question is, was that the correct time when you issued
the command?  If so, your system clock is fine.

> [root at mythmbe ~]# rpm -q tzdata
> tzdata-2007h-1.fc6

OK - looks good.

> [root at mythmbe ~]# ntpdate tick.utoronto.ca
> 23 Apr 11:32:13 ntpdate[13846]: adjust time server 128.100.56.135
> offset 0.004288 sec

Looks good, too.

> Should I check all those things on my FE? It's running CentOS 5.

I don't know that the time being off on the front would cause the
recordings to be off one hour, but it doesn't hurt to check.

What about your guide data?  If you go into your guide in Mythtv, are
future programs appearing at the correct time?

If they are not, maybe something is wrong with your listings grabber.
Are you using Schedules Direct, XMLTV, EIT, something else?

If the guide data is right, when you say the recordings are off by 1
hour, are things recording 1 hour earlier then they should, or 1 hour
later then they should?