[mythtv-users] Recordings off 1 Hour

Thom Paine painethom at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 15:34:32 UTC 2008

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using ntp and it is updated.

[root at mythmbe ~]# date
Wed Apr 23 11:30:00 EDT 2008

[root at mythmbe ~]# rpm -q tzdata
tzdata-2007h-1.fc6

[root at mythmbe ~]# ntpdate tick.utoronto.ca
23 Apr 11:32:13 ntpdate[13846]: adjust time server 128.100.56.135
offset 0.004288 sec

Should I check all those things on my FE? It's running CentOS 5.

Thanks.

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:03 PM, George Mari
<george_mythusers at mari1938.org> wrote:

> Thom Paine wrote:
> > My box has been working like a champ for so long, that I haven't had
> > to touch it. Today I just noticed that the recordings are off by an
> > hour. I thought it might have had something to do with the time
> > switchover, but it looks like everything is in order.
> >
> > I'm running FC6. I tried a yum update tzdata but there didn't seem to
> > be any updates. I'm not sure how long this has been going on for,
> > maybe 2 or 3 weeks.
> >
> > I tried the forums, but it looks like my tzdata is ok, and we are past
> > the 'old dst' time anyways.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Are you using NTP?
>
> When you enter the 'date' command from the command line, does it list
> your timezone as xDT or xST?  (Where x is E for Eastern, C for Central,
> etc.)
>
> What is the output of 'rpm -q tzdata' ?  Mine is tzdata-2007d-1.fc6.

-=/>Thom