[mythtv-users] Missing HD channels and finding them

stefan_jones at comcast.net stefan_jones at comcast.net
Tue Apr 22 23:25:56 UTC 2008

From: "Marc Randolph" <mrand at pobox.com>
> On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Seth Heckard <seth.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> >  I am using Comcast HD (via QAM with an AirStar card) and all I am
> >  interested in is the basic 4 networks in HD (I'd prefer more, but you
> >  know how it goes).  I had everything working all peachy-keen for about
> >  3 years now, and then Comcast up and changes the channel numbering and
> >  now I can't find FOX in HD.
> >
> >  I have the SD channel so I'm not missing out, and I even found the HD
> >  simulcast of the SD channel, but I can't find the HD channel.  My TV
> >  reports the channel as 98.3, but all Myth can find is 98.1 and .2.  I
> >  know it's not encrypted because I can watch it on my TV.
> >
> >  Any ideas how to locate this channel?  I've done the mega-search and
> >  am out of ideas.  Anybody?
>
> Your location would be helpful for getting responses that are localized to you.
>
> Have you checked out the following?
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Working_QAM_cable_layout
>
> and if not there, then
>
> http://www.silicondust.com/wiki/hdhomerun/channels

I have a similar problem with the HD mirror of the local PBS station. I know where it is (109#12) but the channel scan didn't identify it as (in this case) as 10_1. I can find it with my HDTV's tuner, but the scanner didn't.

Knowing the number, is it possible to edit another useless channel listing (e.g., a home shopping channel) to listen on the frequency I found for the PBS station? I have added lineup numbers and edited the names of channels, but am not sure how to change the frequency.

(Curiously, the last HDTV channel scan I did failed to pick up the CBS HD stations. It had picked them up before, but when I scanned to correct a swap of the ABC and NBC HD stations it dropped CBS. Frustrating!)