[mythtv-users] Dolby Digital Signal indicator on Receiver

Tim Fenn fenn at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 22 08:21:50 UTC 2008

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 23:22:47 -0700 (PDT) "Bob Sully" <rcs at malibyte.net>
wrote:

> A clarification:
>
> With these settings:
>
>  Audio output device = /dev/adsp
>  Passthrough outputdevice = Alsa:iec958:{AES0 0x02}
>  Enable AC3 to SPDIF passthrough check
>  Enable DTS to SPDIF passthrough check
>  iecset audio 0
>
> Frequently, if I play an "analog" (e.g., recording made from the STB,
> or analog live TV) FIRST, then I get sound.  However, if I then play a
> recording with AC3/5.1 sound (which always works and sounds great,
> with all of the speakers lit up on my receiver), then try to go back
> and play an "analog" source -> no sound.  Going back to an AC3 source
> works but I no longer have any analog sound.
>
> Can someone clue me in as to how to solve this?

Not really a solution, but I just set a button in lirc to toggle
between the audio states:

begin
  button = a
  prog = irexec
  config = iecset audio 0 ; mythtvosd --bcastaddr=127.0.0.1
--template=alert --alert_text="iecset audio 0"
  config = iecset audio 1 ; mythtvosd --bcastaddr=127.0.0.1
--template=alert --alert_text="iecset audio 1"
end

HTH,
Tim

--
CAPS LOCK IS THE CRUISE CONTROL OF AWESOMNESS