[mythtv-users] Alternatives to DVB-T (UK) PCI Cards

lists_mythtv_users lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk
Tue Apr 22 07:56:53 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I've currently got 4 PCI Hauppauge Nova-T DVB cards in my backend
(sounds painful I know) which I'd like to replace so I can upgrade my
motherboard.  I've found it more and more difficult to find new
motherbaords with 4 PCI slots.  A search on newegg.com showed 3 boards
with 4 PCI slots and 109 boards with 4 PCI slots.

What alternatives are available that will allow me to continue to use 4
tuners?  I've heard there's been a problem with the Nova-T 500 with the
USB stack thought that has recently been fixed.  I can't find any PCI-e
cards that have mature Linux drivers and I don't know of any products
like the HDHomerun, i.e. a standalone box that can be connected to the
backend via a network cable.  USB tuners look like the most likely part
to use as a replacement but I've read about the devices getting
renumbered after a reboot.  One of the nice things about the Nova-T PCI
cards is that after a reboot everything just works.

Thanks,

Steve.