[mythtv-users] Network execs added 1 minute to program length

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Sep 30 23:45:08 UTC 2007

On 9/30/07, Gary Elder <gelder4 at cox.net> wrote:

> Network execs have screwed up my ability to record shows on different
> channels for success hour blocks. For instance, ABC runs Grey's Anatomy
> from 8:00 to 9:01PM.  This causes Myth to show a conflict for NBC's
> showing of ER at 9:00PM, and subsequently doesn't record.
>
> Is there a way to setup scheduling so ER (in progress) will start
> recording at the conclusion of Grey's Anatomy at 9:01?  I can override
> the ER schedule so that it starts at 9:01, but it seems NBC doesn't
> always run the program over 1 minute every week and I don't want to
> sacrifice the beginning of ER if it is not needed.

Myth can only do what it has been told.  Scheduling tells it to run till
9:01 for Grey.  Scheduling tells it to start at 9:00pm for ER.  Change one
or the other.  You can't expect it to "magically" figure out what to do.  If
you don't like setting ER to always start a minute late, then you will have
to watch your Upcoming Recordings for conflicts and correct them on a
one-off basis.

Kevin