[mythtv-users] Network execs added 1 minute to program length

Gary Elder gelder4 at cox.net
Sun Sep 30 22:48:02 UTC 2007

Network execs have screwed up my ability to record shows on different
channels for success hour blocks. For instance, ABC runs Grey's Anatomy
from 8:00 to 9:01PM.  This causes Myth to show a conflict for NBC's
showing of ER at 9:00PM, and subsequently doesn't record.

Is there a way to setup scheduling so ER (in progress) will start
recording at the conclusion of Grey's Anatomy at 9:01?  I can override
the ER schedule so that it starts at 9:01, but it seems NBC doesn't
always run the program over 1 minute every week and I don't want to
sacrifice the beginning of ER if it is not needed.

Suggestions?