[mythtv-users] SPDIF over HDMI won't work! (Asus P5B, AD1988B codec, Nvidia 7600GS)

Tony Marsh myth at hillsidethickets.co.uk
Sun Sep 30 20:00:26 UTC 2007

On 9/29/07, Bill Soudan <bill at soudan.net> wrote:

> 3) LG 32LC7D LCD TV

Bill,

Some TV's (mine included) have HDMI ports with audio separated onto
the back panel (i.e. they don't receive audio over the HDMI, just
video).  Could your problem be this simple?  Have you tried all the
HDMI ports on the TV?

In my case, my DLP TV has 2 HDMI ports.  One of them is labelled HDMI
/ DVI and has separate Phono plugs for L/R stereo sound.  I route my
SPDIF coax to my receiver, so I don't care that my PC sound isn't
being transmitted over HDMI.

/Brian/

I've got a UK-centric iteration of the LG37LC2D, and while I know that
the us model is slightly different, they are, more or less the same.
I'm in more or less the same position as you, I've got a "AN-M2HD"
motherboard, which from memory has the same nvidia chipset as yours.
Video works fine (in fact, like a charm!) but despite many hours
tinkering I can't get audio over hdmi to work. I've confirmed the
hardware is fine, thanks to a brief lived install of vista (yes, I
know...) but I've had to resort to a male-male 3.5 mm lead to bodge my
audio. I'd love to get audio over hdmi working as the GAF is very very
high on this project. So, really bill, I don't think your issue is
hardware based, I think it's a software problem. If I find a solution,
I'll fire you off the details!