[mythtv-users] Video quality?

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 18:13:44 UTC 2007

> Dan Harper wrote:
> > On 29/09/2007, at 10:05 PM, Piers Kittel wrote:
> >> What I would see is very very slight
> >> jerking in between frames - it's not totally smooth, I can see very
> >> slight jumps when it transitions in between frames.
> >
> > I get this also, so I'd love to know how to fix it.
>
> The first question would be what sort of hardware are you using? Both
> CPU and Video?
>
> I don't think that most folks here would put up with perpetually
> inferior playback for very long, so I don't think what you describe is
> "normal" for a Myth system.
>
> To answer Piers' question: Yes, you (or your system) is doing something
> wrong.
>
> beww

I (or my mutliple hardware configurations) must be doing something
wrong then as well... cause I've always seen this as an issue.  The
only time I've felt that it was equal was with progressive video once
I got an HDTV... however, SD and interlaced video has always been
subpar to taking myth out of the equation.  In addition, I've seen
many other people over the past 3 years say the same thing.  I'm used
to it... but nearly everytime anyone ever came over to my house they
would say "it just doesn't look quite right".  I think Pier did a very
good job of summarizing it.

I'm only saying this because I believe it could be better... I love
myth, so don't think I'm sitting her bashing it or anything.  Used it
for 3 years, and I've gotten used to it.  However, one of my frontends
crashed and so on that TV I just watch analog cable out of the wall...
I can definitely tell a difference on that TV as well.

Thanks!
Matt