[mythtv-users] New/Bugfix Version: Bulk Updater forVideometa(imdb) data

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Sat Sep 29 16:49:15 UTC 2007

> Hey Ryan,
> I think I just stumbled on another problem, if you change files or folders
> from or to uppercase it caused multiple entries for both the upper and the
> lowercase versions to be inserted into the database.
> Ie.
> The.IT.Crowd.S02E06.avi is renamed too The.IT.CROWD.S02E06.avi or vice
> versa
> entries for both are inserted into the database, then if you rename them
> back you get 4 entries in the database!
> I had a quick look through the code but my perl is very rusty
> Cheers
> Anthony
Anthony --
I can't see where this is happening. I take a non-filter dump of the files
from the DB, then perl checks with ! -e (non true exist) if that statement
is true it removes the DB entry. I haven't had any issues with duplicates
past the 1.4 bugs in my DB.

        foreach (@LISTINDB) {

                      print "\nRemoving entry for $_ from database\n";

                      $sqlstat = "delete from videometadata where

End code

Can you give me output from the mysql for those entries:

select filename from videometadata where filename="%The.IT.CROWD.S02E06%";