[mythtv-users] Moving through "Watch Recordings" slow?

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Fri Sep 28 15:40:59 UTC 2007

Larry K wrote:
> I recently upgraded from 0.18 to 0.20 (and a corresponding video driver
> upgrade from 7174 to 9746) and I am seeing this problem as well.  The first
> time I enter the recordings screen, all seems well, but shortly thereafter,
> every navigation is painfully slow, including the menu to delete a
> recording.

I assume from you the driver versions you specify that you're using the
"nvidia" proprietary driver. Oddly, I have only seen this problem when
using Radeon hardware and the Free "radeon" driver, though HD playback
is handled fine. When I've tried nvidia hardware and either the "nv" or
"nvidia" driver, menus were always snappy. Now, I'm wondering if this
problem has to do with some generic X.org option that is somehow set
differently when using different drivers. BTW, which menu renderer are
you using (Qt or OpenGL)? I'm using Qt.

Jonathan Rogers

Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)