[mythtv-users] Question about VGA to Composite/S-Video adapters

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 14:18:44 UTC 2007

I have a rage pro 128 card and am running MythDora 4.  I am trying to get
the Tvout to work, but am just getting very frustrated.

I am thinking of bagging the built-in Tvout on the card and using one of
these adapters http://search.ebay.com/vga-composite_W0QQ .  I am wondering
if anyone has any experience with them.

Is it as simple as just plugging it in and having it work, or do you need to
modify stuff in the xorg.conf to allow the Television to display the output?
Will I need to modify things like modelines and stuff like that?

If it's not apparent by the type of adapter, I have an older CRT TV with
just composite and S-video inputs.

Brian Phillips