[mythtv-users] MacOSX MySQL Errors

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 26 23:22:08 UTC 2007

On Sep 26, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Eric Robinson wrote:

> Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>> Try to log in using the MySQL client from a remote machine on your
>> network and see what the error message is.
>
> What kind of commands would I use for that?  I must confess that I'm a
> mysql noob.

mysql -h 192.168.0.1 -u mythtv -p

Replace "192.168.0.1" with the correct IP for your backend host, and
"myth" with whatever username you're using for MythTV.  You'll be
prompted for the password.

The machine you try this from will need the MySQL client installed.
In most distributions this is in a package called "mysql-client" or
something similar.