[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 26 21:45:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 11:11:49AM -0500, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
> > What part of "standardized location for configuration files and their
> > formats, along with an API to ease the construction..." don't you
> > understand?  I explicitly reject the centralized database model that
>
> We understand just fine. We just don't buy into the idea.

That's fine, but it doesn't justify the strawman argument in your reply.

:-)

> We realize that centralizing anything increases the technical requirements
> for it and also makes it easier to bugger the entire thing. It doesn't
> matter what you try to call it.

Not necessarily.  But that wouldn't be clear to you since your replies
here show that you didn't actually read the proposal that was made.

> Standardization is another matter and an entirely different can of worms.

And is possible without a) something like what we're talking about or
b) changing the config files of every package on the planed and pissing
off the whole world... how?  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra