[mythtv-users] Understanding HD Antennas ( was HDHomeRun and jumpy video)

Drew Tomlinson drew at mykitchentable.net
Wed Sep 26 20:16:25 UTC 2007

On 9/15/2007 8:51 PM Brian Wood wrote:
> Kevin Hulse wrote:

>>> The general rule is: twice the height, twice the signal.
>>>
>> 	Now that's a handy bit of information... thx.
>>

> As was pointed out it's a "rule of thumb", not entirely accurate and
> subject to a lot of possible factors that can change it, but it is more
> or less correct most of the time.

I had read somewhere that there are "heights" or "rows" (?) that provide
better reception than others.  In other words, if one mounts his antenna
in between the good reception "heights", lowering it into the next lower
good "height" will get better reception even though it's lower.  Is this
true and if so, how can one tell at what heights are optimum for mounting?

Thanks,

Drew

--
Be a Great Magician!