[mythtv-users] Fwd: Scheduling Conflicts?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Sep 26 17:27:09 UTC 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:19 PM, Pamela J. Ashworth (webmail) wrote:
> ...asking to sort that mess *by title* creates either a lag in the
> minutes or maybe a timeout error - I forget - and if you try it
> with ER, mythweb will just bloe a braincell, and throw a stupid
> error - something like "you don't have PHP installed" or something.
> (I'd be glad to try to recreate the errors if anyone cares)

I started having this problem as well, when I went from analog-only
cable (~100 channels) to digital cable (a few hundred channels.)  I
also upgraded to 20.2 at the same time, so I'm not sure which is the
real culprit.  Actually, I mostly just get a blank page when I do a
long search like that.  The canned "Movies" search doesn't work
anymore, either -- I just get a blank page.

I'm wondering if I should move the MySQL database to a separate
computer, and see if that helps by letting me throw more resources at
the problem.  If it does, this would be a strong argument against the
developers' goal of embedding the database inside mythbackend.