[mythtv-users] SD Program Info Problems

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Sep 26 14:54:23 UTC 2007

jason maxwell wrote:
>> Is anyone else having this issue????
>> this never happened once with zap 2 it, and now i have 4 shows like this.
>> -Steve
>> While you may not have experienced it, I have seen this behavior with zap2it
>> as well... but I'm curious as to how you set it to not record generics.....
>>

> I had this issue with the shows you mentioned on Zap2it, and it
> continues on schedulesdirect also. I see it on "American Chopper"
> episodes as well. For me, Myth records all of the above by default. I
> usually just watch a few seconds of each recording and delete if I
> dont want them. In the past I have gone to the "upcoming recordings"
> page and placed an override to not record the generics, but that can
> be a pain if there's a lot of them.
> -J

In Mythweb (with current SVN anyway) there is a 'Filter' box, which has
'New episodes only, 'Exclude repeat episodes', 'Exclude generic
episodes' and 'Exclude both repeat and generic episodes'. I know the
option is in the frontend recording schedule as well, I just don't
remember the specific area.

Tom