[mythtv-users] Presenting % complete for user job

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Sep 26 07:25:11 UTC 2007

Chris Pinkham wrote:
> * On Tue Sep 25, 2007 at 04:37:04PM +1000, Peter Schachte wrote:
>> I'm writing a script to be used as a user job and would like myth and mythweb to
>> be able to report percentage complete in their respective status screens, as they
>> do for transcoding and commflagging.  Is that possible?
>
> You need to update the jobqueue.comment field in the database.  If you give your
> User Job the %JOBID% argument, then you'll know what jobqueue.id row to update in
> the table.

Thanks, Chris, that's exactly what I was looking for.

I notice that %JOBID% option is not documented on the User Jobs wiki page.  Is
that intentional?  Any objection to me adding it to the list?

--
Peter Schachte              I said a lot of stupid things when I was with
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        the Conservative Party, and I left them, because