[mythtv-users] MSNTV2 box? (was software encoding to MPEG2)

Greg Estabrooks greg at phaze.org
Tue Sep 25 23:05:24 UTC 2007

> > If I remember correctly, the MVPs are pretty much limited to MPEG2?
> Yes, I've even watched some .iso images on mine before via Myth's internal
> player.

 Yup. I use mine for xvid/divx and all my myth recordings (except for the HDTV ones). I even use mine with a usb dvdrom for dvd playback in the bedroom :)

I've got 4 of them actively used though they are down right now while I rebuild my image for them.

In case anyone is curious this is what they looked like. They are small, silent , have no moving parts and are very low on power usage.

 For those of you in Europe check out the S100 which is basically the
same hardware but with Wireless and aregular PC bios in them.