[mythtv-users] On the verge of giving up

Brett Kosinski fancypantalons at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 21:15:17 UTC 2007

On 9/25/07, jedi at mishnet.org <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:

>     Sure it is. Once you start centralizing something you have to deal
> with concurrency and access control issues and the possibility that one
> "user" will cause a general outage. It takes something that could be very
> simple and jacks up the technical requirements because now you are doing
> things that are harder to manage and will do more damage when it breaks.

Um... huh?  How is, say, a standardized location for configuration files and
their formats, along with an API to ease the construction and maintenance of
said files, any different than what we have now, aside from making things
sane and consistent?

Besides, I'd love to hear how /etc solves these "concurrency and access
control issues" which you allude to.

Brett.