[mythtv-users] hdhomerun scan versus ATSC channel 76

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 13:58:26 UTC 2007

On 9/24/07, R. G. Newbury <newbury at mandamus.org> wrote:
<snip>
> If your SchedulesDirect lineups are correct, once you have the actual callsign
> (as SD knows it) figured out, you can use the channel editor to Probe
> and it should fill in the xmltvid...which how SD knows which 'channel'
> listing to attach to that stream. Note that you can attach a different
> xmltvid number if you need to, such as where there is no listing for a
> digital simulcast of an analog station. This is common where stations
> are still testing their digital broadcasts.

I'm running mythtv SVN 14374 (9/1/07) and probe does not seem to work
for me.  I was manually browsing channels in "Watch TV", hitting e to
edit the channel.  When I input the correct call sign and hit Probe,
nothing happens.  I downloaded the XMLTV listings using tv_grab_na_dd
--download-only, pulled the XMLTVID's from the resulting file, and put
them in the channel editor.  Now it works, but I don't know why Probe
didn't.

/Brian/