[mythtv-users] hdhomerun scan versus ATSC channel 76

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Sep 25 13:34:44 UTC 2007

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> .... Channum is actually arbitrary: use what you want. ....
While channum is arbitrary, it should be noted: These numbers are what you punch
in on your remote to access that channel. The numbers you edit in there do not
have to bear any relationship to the channel numbers, but obviously should be
unique. I set mine to be the actual channel number for my most-used source (as
that's what we all remember), and (sourceid * 1000) + channel number for each of
the rest of the sources, which is fairly easy to remember.

Mike Perkins