[mythtv-users] Broken scheduling in 0.20?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at larsshack.org
Mon Sep 24 18:53:00 UTC 2007

I'm running MythTV from the latest KnoppMyth release:

mythtv at tv:~$ mythbackend --version
Library API version     : 0.20.20070821-1
Source code version     : 14463M
SVN Branch              : branches/release-0-20-fixes

I was previously running 0.19.mumble on a Centos 4 system, which
worked wonderfully.  With 0.20, everything seems to have gone smoothly
-- TV out on my PVR-350 is working fine, I can watch live TV, I can
browse schedules -- but I am unable to actually make any scheduled
recordings.

Running 'mythbackend --testched' prints out what looks like a
perfectly reasonable list of scheduled recordings.  On the other hand,
'mythbackend --printsched' only works once -- immediately after
starting mythbackend -- and otherwise always returns an empty list:

Retrieving Schedule from Master backend.
--- print list start ---
Title - Subtitle                    Chan ChID Day Start  End   C I  T N   Pri
---  print list end  ---

Looking at the "Upcoming Recordings" screen in either mythfrontend or
mythweb shows nothing scheduled, but looking at the "recording
schedules" in mythweb shows everything I expect to see.

I'm not sure where else to start looking for solutions -- nothing in
the mythbackend log looks especially relevant.  Has anyone encountered
this problem before?  Or can you suggest some troubleshooting?

On the odd chance that it matters, this system has three tuners --
/dev/video0 is the PVR-350 and is *not* currently configured as a
capture card.  /dev/video1 and /dev/video2 are two tuners on a PVR-500
and are both connected to the same video source.

Thanks,

-- Lars

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at larsshack.org>