[mythtv-users] Dual HDTV Tuner for Australia

Tom R. sillyhed2000 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 12:09:27 UTC 2007

I'm looking at building a MythTV box, but I'm really stuck for choosing a
tuner. I want to be able to watch and record at the same time, so I need at
least two digital tuners - and at least one needs to be in high definition.
So should I go with a dual HD tuner, or two separate cards with a cheap coax
splitter? Going dual seems more cost effective and means I get HD
everything, but whatever ones are in my usual shops (www.umart.com.au and
www.gamedude.com.au) are of limited or no support. If I go with two separate
HD cards, then it ends up costing a fortune. Basically what I'm asking for
is any recommendations or experiences with this.

Advertisement: Need a Hand? Use Yellow.com.au