[mythtv-users] New/Bugfix Version: Bulk Updater for Videometa(imdb) data

Ryan Pisani mythtv at frouse3.homelinux.com
Mon Sep 24 04:55:57 UTC 2007

List-

There is yet another new version of the imdb-bulk-update.pl tool available.

Download link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/23145905/548ed5c2/imdbupdatertar.html

This version has major bugfix for something I inadvertently introduced in
1.4. So for anyone on 1.4, please move to this new version. I had a bug
that was adding multiple entries into the DB when using the -Fileup
switch. You may have only experienced it once, and the tool should have
exited with an error when it was exhibited. But if you re-ran the script
or ran out of cron, it's possible your DB has a few to many entries in it.

The good news is, if you didn't run the -exclude on any of the new ones
you may be able to quickly remove the duplicates with:

This will dump all new and non-excluded entries from the DB. The new
version will re-enter them with -Fileup cleanly..

 echo delete from videometadata where inetref=00000000\; | mysql -umythtv
-pmythtv mythconverg

If you have duplicate exlcudes this would work (however, it would also
remove anything that -Exclude flagged before. so -Exclude would need to be
run with the new version.

echo delete from videometadata where inetref=99999999\; | mysql -umythtv
-pmythtv mythconverg

To remove those entries with actual titles & data matching will be
trickier and may need some more careful processing. But to see if you have
any duplicates you can do this:

echo select intID, filename from videometadata order by filename\; | mysql
-umythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

This will sort the filenames and you should be able to easily spot those
duplicates. Then you'd want to delete from videometadata where
intID="offending intID for duplicate";

Outside of the bugfix, another option -Folder was added so that you can
manually override the folder setting to search for new videos. This way
you could run multiple cron jobs and completely ignore those temporary or
garbage folders you'd rather not have in the db.

Sorry for any hassle the bug introduced.

Ryan

 List-