[mythtv-users] A plea for help

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Mon Sep 24 00:10:48 UTC 2007

Ben Davis writes:

> • Tried exorcismThat's all I can think of for now.  Please, anyone who has
> any idea how I can troubleshoot this or give me any ideas, let me know.

The first order of business is to run memtest86. You claim that you've tried
different Linux distros and versions of MythTV. That pretty much rules out a
software problem, or, rather, given that, a software issue is very unlikely.

So, you're looking for flaky hardware. Could be anything, but it should be
fairly simple to eliminate RAM. This is a low-hanging fruit, of sorts, that
can be quickly ruled out. If RAM checks out clean, take an inventory of all
your hardware, and start replacing it, one by one, starting with whatever's
easiest for you to replace, and work your way down the list.